To speak about Siddhivinayak Temple, every Mumbaikar is proud about this temple. This is the richest temple in the Mumbai, receiving highest number of donations every day. Here we mention you some amazing facts about Siddhivinayak temple every Indian must know.
1. Siddhivinayak Temple built by Laxman Vithu and Deubai Patil on 19 November 1801.
2. Shree Siddhivinayak temple is one of the richest temples in the country. Because of the huge amounts of donations, in the range of Rs 100 million to 150 million a year.
3. The playground that you see near the Siddhivinayak complex was formed by filling up a 19th century. lake facing the eastern and southern side of the temple. The complex also once housed a living colony for its caretakers.
4. On an average, the visitors in the temple is 25,000. This number becomes 100,000 (approx) on every Tuesday.
5. The Siddhivinayak Ganesha idol is quite unique and unusual. It was carved out of a single black stone and has Ganesha’s trunk to the right instead of left.
6. On both sides of the Lord Ganesh idol, idols of Riddhi and Siddhi goddesses are placed. Due to these two deities’ places along with Lord Ganesha, this temple is known as the Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple.
7. Among the devotees, it is believed that Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple, a two-century-old Temple fulfills the desires of the worshipers.
8. Two huge silver mice statues are found inside the temple. It’s believed if you whisper your wish in their ears they take your wish to Lord Ganesha.
9. During the road extension project of Sayani Road near Elphinston Road in Mumbai, workers of Municipal Corporation unearthed an idol of Shree Hanuman, He placed it on the roadside and continued with their work this was around 1952.
10. This temple welcomes everyone with its open door policy. People of different religion also visit the temple to fulfill their desires.